Board of Review
Board of Review Schedule
May 27, 2021 at 5:30 pm - Meet to Adjourn
June 28, 2021 & July 29, 2021 at 3 pm to 7 pm - Open Book
July 20, 2021 at 5 pm - Board of Review
The Board of Review has one annual meeting typically during the month of May or June. The board meets in the lower level of the Richfield Village Hall. Village Hall is located at 4128 Hubertus Road, Hubertus, WI 53033.
- Carol Robinson, Chairwoman - Term Ends 2023
- Trustee Bill Collins - Term Ends 2023
- Pamela Schmitt- Term Ends 2023
- Thomas Lechner - Term Ends 2023
- Sandy Stuettgen- Term Ends 2023
- Doug Mikolainis, Alternate 1 - Term Ends 2023
- Trustee Rock Brandner, Alternate 2 - Term Ends 2023
The Board of Review shall consist of five members and two alternate members. All of the members and alternate members shall be appointed by the Village Board. Two of the appointees may be Village Board members. The village president shall name a chair and vice-chair from those appointed by the Village Board.
Each municipality in the State of Wisconsin has the legal authority to create a Board of Review. The Board of Review is a quasi-judicial (court-like) body empowered with three primary duties:
- Boards of Review can adjust assessments when they have been proven incorrect by sworn oral testimony.
- Boards of Review can correct any errors or omissions in the descriptions or computations found on the assessment roll.
- Boards of Review can check the assessment roll for omitted property and double assessments.